CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT TOWNSWEB ARCHIVING LTD
TownsWeb Archiving is one of the Worlds top digital archiving companies specialising in a niche cultural heritage sector.
As a company we can boast such clients as Liverpool Football Club, Bank of England, Buckingham Palace/Royal Collections, Thomas Cook, Cadbury’s, Prudential, Marks & Spencer, English Heritage, Royal Doulton, BBC World Service and also many Military and Local Authority clients.
The company is also well positioned to offer an exciting and new service to the UK public and has plans to launch a new and completely innovative web site that it feels will be the biggest thing since eBay and YouTube!
About to celebrate our 10th Year Anniversary, we are a relatively young company, although we have grown our customer base significantly over recent years through investment in new technology, recruiting talented individuals and offering a level of innovative services that is unrivalled.
We have ambitious plans and intend to release and market our flag-ship software and web package to a World-wide audience within 3 years.
PHP / Laravel / SQL (LAMP) WEB DEVELOPERS (EXPERIENCED, MID & JUNIOR LEVELS)
TownsWeb Archiving Ltd is looking to recruit up to 3 x Web Software Developers who are comfortable working across an entire stack.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing new software and websites. You will need to be able to hit the ground running, so should be proactive and able to learn quickly.
We want someone who lives and breathes the construction of web applications in the modern era; finding excuses to bring new technologies to the table and pushing the boundaries. PHP7 excites you. Cloud deployment and cloud based software intrigues you.
We have several internal and external systems which run on varying languages and databases. The primary function of this role is to improve our image management system, built using the Laravel framework.
Salary: £Good (depending upon experience)
• Experienced Developer: Minimum of 3 years experience, working with PHP and the majority of the systems listed below and within a team and framework environment
• Mid-level Developer: Minimum of 2 years experience working with PHP and many of the systems listed below
• Junior Developer: Minimum of 6 months experience working with PHP and perhaps with an eye for Graphic/Web Design too
We are looking for candidates with some or the majority of the following skillsets:
• PHP 5.5+ (mandatory)
• SQL databases (mandatory)
• PHP frameworks e.g. Laravel, Symfony or Zend
• Code versioning e.g. Git or Subversion
• Templating engines (ideally Smarty)
• jQuery / AJAX
• Software Packages e.g. Wordpress, Opencart or Drupal
• API consumption and provision
• Developing in both Windows & Linux environments
• Hosting platforms and facilities e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Rackspace Cloud
• Comfortable using the command line for management and access
• Domain name administration (registering and transferring domains etc.)
• DNS record management
• Search Engine Optimisation & PPC
• Server administration (setting up new hosting accounts, email accounts etc.)
We are not just looking for a person with outstanding technical ability, but someone who can have fun, be sociable, and is able to work in a dynamic team environment. It is important that you:
• Have excellent written/spoken English
• Are looking for a fresh and exciting challenge
• Are looking to have a long and successful career with our company
• Are able to communicate with customers
• Are able to work independently and also as part of a team
• Are willing to travel to occasionally meet with clients – a full UK driving license is required (preferably clean). There will be use of company pool car.
It is important that the person in this role be fully integrated into our company culture, therefore it is based full time at our office in Kettering, Northamptonshire and working remotely is not possible.
These are exciting opportunities where our new Developers will have the opportunity to develop themselves and their career and work to a Management Team who have ambitious plans to continue to grow the company into something very special!
Please email your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Absolutely no agencies please)
Company has two game-changing, code performance products no developer or dev team should ever be without:
Retrace enables developers to quickly find bugs and improve application performance on QA/test and production servers. Retrace provides developers with a solution specifically designed to give them the visibility, data, and actionable insights they want and need.
Prefix isn’t a standard code profiler. It displays details per web request so you can understand what your code is doing and how long it takes (i.e. “what did my code just do?”).